Thursday, August 16, 2012

Garlic Pasta with Chicken & Red Bell Pepper

Do you ever find yourself planning a meal around one ingredient? That happened to me the other day. Instead of giving up on the lone red bell pepper I had sitting in the fridge, I found a really delicious recipe that saved the day. Click here to view the full recipe.


 Garlic Butter Pasta with Chicken and Red Bell Pepper





I substituted the crab with chicken, used less butter, and didn't use pine nuts. The great thing about recipes is that there is (usually) room for adjustments. I loved the taste of the garlic butter sauce, and the red pepper was a great compliment to the overall flavor of the dish. I highly recommend!




Try using whole wheat pasta. It's healthier for you, and tastes just as good as regular pasta.




Do you have any tips/recipes for cooking with bell peppers?

-Lauren


11 comments:

  1. That looks so good and I've totally made something based on one ingredient I don't want to go to waste. I love how you can literally find anything on the internet! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Sunset Celebrations post:)
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello another la blogger!! im one too. this dish looks really good and easy to make after a long day of work, quick and simple my favorite type of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm that looks scrumptious! yummy yummy! Hugs from California! xx,
    The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this looks really delicious !! I like whole wheat pasta too, it tastes a little different to me but still just as good :)

    xoxo,
    Iqra
    Masala Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy. We love stuffed peppers too!

    xx the Sunkissed Sisters

    www.etsy.com/shop/sunkissedsisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes will make filled-peppers, I'll fill them with rice, mushrooms, carrots- etc, and put them on the BBQ to roast up a bit = super yummy!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds tasty!!! :)
    Came here blog hopping & loved your blog.
    Do drop by my blogs sometime. And do follow if you like! :)
    COLOR SPLASH with accessories!
    Bhusha's LESSER KNOWN INDIA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks super delicious, I might have to try it tonight;)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dear my stomach is growling !

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am hungry :) looks so yummy!

    xx

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you officially made me hungry!

    Following your blog! Would love it if you followed back (:

    http://somuchfashionsolittlespace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs